Reporting issues about your collection or Squad
As per OLIO's Acceptable Use Policy, under no circumstances should you contact OLIO's partnering businesses directly to report an issue. Doing so is against the agreed process, and will not result in your issue being resolved. It may also harm OLIO's relationship with its partners.
How do I report issues about my collection or Squad?
Please use our quick and easy FWH Issue Report by clicking 'Something wrong' in My Collection Slots on the Volunteer Hub to report any sort of issues related to your collection to us.
This report is also stored in the Documents section of the Volunteer Hub, in case you can't access it in My Collection Slots.
- Food Safety (i.e. food was shared by business past its use-by date)
- Food Quality (i.e. food was squashed/damaged)
- Another Food Waste Hero not collecting
- Another Food Waste Hero not listing
- Another Food Waste Hero disrupting the positive OLIO environment
- Store Staff
- Details about collections on the app
- OLIO's Little Helper
Another user still has an active listing of an item past its use-by date, what do I do?
If you come across an item past its use-by date that is still listed, please report this to OLIO immediately by using the 🏳️ icon on the listing. We will review the listing and take action to remove it immediately.
I reported an issue using the FWH Issue Report, why I haven't heard back?
We will review all reports, and raise them with the business you are collecting from if necessary - which can take a couple of days. But please be aware, we will only get back to you if further information is required.
How long should my issue take to get it resolved?
The vast majority of issues are usually resolved within 48 hours. However, occasionally, changes do not happen as quickly as we would like as we might need to get other parties involved to resolve a particular issue.
We aim to resolve all issues reported to us by our FWH Issue Report within 7 working days.
How do I report another Food Waste Hero?
Please note: to report an OLIOer who is not a Food Waste Hero, please use the 🏴 'flag' button on the user's profile.
If you are the subject of a concern or complaint we will:
- Share the concern or complaint raised with you (with permission from the FWH making the complaint)
- Seek more information from you about the issue or incident
- If we believe that the concern or complaint is warranted, then we will take action that can range from asking you to stop the behaviour, to removing you from the OLIO platform and ensuring that you stop all your volunteer duties. Any decision we make is final
To report anything else..
Take a look at our reporting guide to learn how to flag problems in the OLIO app.
You can click 🏳 on any content (or 3 dots on a message) to send a report to OLIO. We will review the content and take action if necessary.