Acceptable Use Policy
Our Acceptable Use Policy details how OLIO may act if you breach any of our Terms and Conditions, particularly those laid out in section 4 - user obligations, and section 9 - complaints and termination.
Actions OLIO may take:
Altering or deleting content: OLIO may alter or delete content if incorrect or contrary to any of OLIO’s policies. This includes all content; listings, posts, comments and messages.
1st Warning: A first warning may be implemented in cases of lesser breaches, via email or in-app messages, with a second strike resulting in a suspension or ban of the account. More serious breaches may result in OLIO suspending or banning the account immediately without warning.
Suspension: An OLIO'ers account can be suspended, which means they will be unable to utilise core functionality in the app for a 30 day period. This includes adding or requesting listings, as well as commenting or posting in the forum.
Account deletion: OLIO is able to permanently delete your account and all associated data.
Ban: If your account is banned, it will be permanently blocked. In this case, OLIO will retain a part or all of your data to ensure you cannot sign up again.
OLIO reserves the right to issue any of the above penalties for the behaviour detailed below and any other behaviour as we see fit.
- GENERAL CONDUCT
- Any behaviour or language that would threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, bully, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person (including but not limited to other users, and OLIO employees).
- Prejudice of any kind towards any OLIOer
- Naming & shaming another user in a public forum, or being defamatory of any person.
- Using the app for dating purposes.
- Using the app under the age of 18 years old.
- GETTING LOW RATINGS
- Receiving consistently low ratings: OLIO will suspend your account if you receive 3 low ratings (less than 3*) in 1 month AND your average rating over that month is less than 3*.
- REQUESTING OR COLLECTING
- Causing damage to other OLIOers property.
- Repeatedly requesting items and not showing up to collect them.
- Collecting an item from another user outside of the agreed time period or arriving to collect items without prior agreement.
- Not respecting other OLIOers’ decisions if they decide to share with someone else
- Constantly requesting postage or delivery of items.
- Sharing items that are prohibited. Guidance provided on this OLIO help page.
- Requesting payment for items listed as free.
- Stealing from other OLIOers.
- Reselling items donated by the Food Waste Hero programme or items that are expressly not for resale.
- FOOD SAFETY
- Personal or home hygiene that puts other users at a health risk.
- Causing another user to become ill from food poisoning through mishandling.
- SCAMS AND SPAMS
- Impersonating or being dishonest about your identity.
- Setting up multiple accounts to request more items.
- Scamming other OLIOers.
- Spamming us or other OLIOers; this includes unauthorised advertising or promotional material.
- Insisting users provide personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses.
- Sharing another OLIOer’s information, such as their home address, with a third party.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Infringing on any of OLIO’s intellectual property rights, registered or unregistered marks owned by OLIO or its licensors.
- Copying or re-selling parts of the OLIO app.
- Using any information presented on the OLIO app or provided to you by OLIO for any commercial purposes.