Acceptable Use Policy
Our Acceptable Use Policy details the actions OLIO may take if a User does not comply with or breaches any of our Terms and Conditions, particularly those laid out in section 4 - user obligations, and section 9 - complaints, suspension and termination of accounts.
Capitalised terms that are used but not defined have the same meaning as set out in our Terms and Conditions.
Actions OLIO may take:
Altering or Deleting Content: OLIO may alter or delete content if such content is incorrect or contrary to the Terms or any of OLIO’s policies. This includes all User Submissions and any other content, listings, posts, comments and messages.
1st Warning: OLIO may issue a first warning to a User in cases of lesser breaches of the Terms or lack of compliance with the Terms. The first warning will be issued to a User via email or by in-App messages. A second warning will result in a suspension or ban of the User’s Account. More serious breaches or lack of compliance may result in OLIO suspending or banning the Account immediately without warning to the User.
Suspension: A User’s Account may be suspended by OLIO if a User breaches the Terms or fails to comply with the Terms/policies. Suspension means that the User will be unable to utilise the core functionality of the App for a 30 day period. This includes the User being unable to add or request listings, as well as not being able to comment or post in the forum.
Account Deletion: If a User breaches the Terms or fails to comply with the Terms/policies, OLIO also has the option to permanently delete a User’s account and all associated data.
Account/User Ban: For serious breaches or repeated breaches of the Terms/policies, if your Account is banned by OLIO, it will be permanently blocked in the App. In this case, OLIO will retain a part or all of the User’s data to ensure that particular User cannot sign up to the App again.
OLIO reserves the right to action any of the above options in connection with a User for any unacceptable User behaviour detailed below and any other User behaviour, as we see fit.
- GENERAL CONDUCT
- Any behaviour or language that would threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, bully, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person (including, but not limited to, any person, other Users, and/or OLIO’s employees or contractors).
- Prejudice of any kind towards any person, other Users and/or OLIO’s employees or contractors.
- Naming and shaming another User in a public forum, or using defamatory language in connection with any person, other Users, and/or OLIO’s employees or contractors.
- Using the App as a dating app or for dating purposes.
- Use of the App by anyone under the age of 18 years old.
- GETTING LOW RATINGS
- Receiving Consistently Low Ratings: OLIO will suspend a User’s Account if a User receives 3 low ratings (less than 3*) in a one month period AND that User’s average rating over that month is less than 3*.
- CONDUCT WHILE REQUESTING OR COLLECTING ITEMS
- Causing damage to other Users’ property.
- Repeatedly requesting Items and not showing up to collect them.
- Trying to collect an Item from another User outside of the agreed time period or arriving to collect Items without prior agreement.
- Not respecting other Users’ decisions if they decide to share the Items with someone else.
- Repeatedly requesting postage or delivery of Items in the free section of the App.
- Taking an item which is allocated for another user and not returning when requested by the donor
- Sharing Items that are prohibited by OLIO. Guidance on prohibited Items is provided on this OLIO help page.
- Requesting payment for Items that are listed as free.
- Stealing Items or anything else from other Users.
- Reselling Items donated by the Food Waste Hero programme or Items that are expressly not for resale.
- FOOD SAFETY
- Bad personal or home hygiene that puts other Users at a health risk.
- If a User becomes ill from food poisoning or is otherwise ill due to a Seller’s mishandling of an Item or from not following correct guidance in connection with an Item.
- SCAMS AND SPAMS
- If a User impersonates another person or is dishonest about their identity.
- Setting up multiple Accounts to request more Items.
- Scamming or being dishonest with any person, other Users, and/or OLIO’s employees or contractors.
- Spamming any person, or other Users, and/or OLIO’s employees or contractors: this includes unauthorised advertising or promotional material.
- If a User insists that other Users provide personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses.
- If a User shares another User’s information, such as their home address or other contact details with a third party.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- If a User infringes or uses without permission, any of OLIO’s intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any registered or unregistered trade marks owned by OLIO or its licensors.
- Copying or re-selling parts of the App and/or Service.
- Using any information presented on the App, Service or provided to a User by OLIO for any commercial purposes