How to collect loose or unpackaged bakery items
When you’re collecting food, you must always check for allergen information. This can be provided in the following ways:
- packaged products will have a label containing ingredients & allergen OR the name of the item will be indicated on the packaging and the allergen information can be found on OLIO’s allergen page www.olioex.com/allergens.
- some catering companies or businesses with frequently changing menus/ one-off collections will give you a hard copy of the allergen information
However, if the store offers you loose bakery items, you may collect it if you follow the below instructions:
- identify unlabelled loose bakery items if no name of the item is stated on the container or bag
- share unlabelled loose bakery items more than 24 hours after collecting *
- bring bags and ask the store to bag the items for you. If they will not do this, please use either tongs, sanitised hands and/or gloves
- state a generalised title for listings e.g. ‘Variety of baked items’ or ‘Mixed pastries’, please never assume what the item is
- make sure that the requester is aware you cannot identify specific products - leave it up to the requestor to identify the products themselves.
*Local, independent bakeries may be able to give you a longer timeframe
Even if it’s clear to you what the item is, please do not state the name in the listing. There is a possibility that you could identify the wrong item and this could cause someone to have an allergic reaction to an ingredient.
if you have any questions, please open a chat in the bottom corner of this page.