Please note, this only applies to iOS & Android mobile app users. Notifications are not yet featured in the web app.
To access your notification settings, tap the three horizontal lines on the top left of the main app screen to open the sidebar and then tap “Notifications”. This will open your notification settings where you can adjust which notifications you get and how often you get them.
I'm not receiving ANY notifications
- Go to your notification settings and click "Test Notifications"
- If the popup says "You are able to receive notifications", check your phone notification settings and find OLIO. Click into OLIO and double-check that all types of notifications (inc. miscellaneous) are allowed.
- If there is no pop-up, please try reinstalling the app.
I receive notifications for listings but they don't show in the app
This is most likely due to your browse settings being different from your notification settings. So you get a notification about something that is 5km away but your browse screen is set to just show items 2km away. You can adjust them as shown in these screenshots
If your notifications are enabled, here are some other common reasons...
- If you don't see notifications for a specific user's listings but on their profile there are active listings, this is because they are choosing to show their listing to new users (‘Newbies’) first so you will not receive notifications about these listings.
- Double-check your filter settings (the funnel icon top right in the app) to see if you are sorting by ‘newest’ or ‘nearest’. Please also be aware that half of all listings are requested in under 1 hour, so unless you’re quick, listings might be gone.
- If you're getting notifications 1 hour late, please check our FAQ about delayed notifications: https://help.olioex.com/article/43-delayed-notifications
- Please note that you will not receive notifications for new listings or messages when the app is open. This is how the majority of apps work (otherwise the app could be notifying you of something you’re already looking at).
- Please note that the red dot 🔴 does not correspond to listings. It corresponds to your activity stream which you can find in the forum - click the 🔔 to see your updates.
Finally, if you're using Android, here is a detailed list of possible reasons for notifications issues: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-notification-fixes/
If none of the above applies to you, it’s possible that we’re having issues sending notifications to your phone. Please use the "need help" button to get in touch.