Postage on OLIO
OLIO is intended to connect local communities. See below for our policy on posting items on OLIO.
Free sharing (food & non-food)
Please do not post or request postage for FREE items on OLIO. If you do it may result in your account being suspended.
- Postage fees can be costly and defeat the point of sharing for free in your neigbourhood.
- OLIOers who give away items don’t want to be “a delivery service” - they just want to share with neighbours. When they’re asked to mail items, it puts them off giving on OLIO.
- There is also the possibility of scamming where postage money can be requested and the item might never be sent.
OLIO Made (food & non-food)
OLIO is all about connecting neighbours and so it’s our hope that the majority of transactions in the MADE section will be between neighbours! However we recognise that some Makers have particularly unique items for sale, and others live with not many OLIOers near them. Therefore mailing of MADE items is allowed. However we would ask you to be aware of the following:
- Payment should be arranged after requesting the item and OLIO does not provide any payment platform or guarantee over the item being posted, and so any shipping is done at the risk of both parties.
- If a food item is prepared in advance rather than being made to order, a label must be provided with all ingredients & allergens in bold.
Both food and non-food items can be hand delivered locally by the maker.